- Confirmation of Autonomy to the College by the University of Madras, Government of Tamil Nadu and University Grants Commission.
- Inauguration of the Psychology Laboratory by Hon’ble Sri Motilal Vora, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
- Introduction of “Computer Education” as an optional with the affiliation of the University of Madras which was inaugurated by Dr. A. Gnanam, the then Vice- Chancellor, University of Madras.
- The strength of the B.Ed. and M.Ed. Courses were increased to 145 and 9 respectively.
- Dr. Suseela Kumari Vyas, Principal of our College was elected as Syndicate Member of University of Madras for one term.