- Integration of visually challenged students in our Model School under Sarva Shiksha Abiyan (SSA), with the financial support of our Management.
- Introduction of two more Elective papers with the nomenclature1. Introduction of the Nature and Needs of Disabilities, 2. Education of the Low Vision Children into B.Ed. Programme Curriculum.
- Instituting Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed) Programme with an intake of 50 into our NKT National College of Education for Women was inaugurated by Thiru S.P. Thiyagarajan, the then revered Vice-Chancellor of University of Madras.
- Launch of the Biannual Journal ‘Eduterate’.
- Under Networking of the Autonomous Scheme, our College signed a MOU with St. Christopher’s College of Education (Autonomous) at M.Ed. Level offering supportive papers entitled ‘Philosophical and Sociological Foundations of Education’ and ‘Human Rights Education’.