- Confirmation of Autonomous Status for the M.Phil. Course.
- Introduction of the core paper on ‘Life Skills for Teachers’ at the B.Ed. level.
- Dr. S. Vasanthi, then Principal was elected as Academic Council Member of the University of Madras.
- Appointment of Dr. S. Vasanthi, then Principal as Chairman, Ad-Hoc Board of Studies for B.Ed. Programme, Ex-Officio Member, Board of Studies for M.Ed., M.Phil. and Ph.D. Programme of Tamilnadu Teachers Education University.
- Appointment of Dr. N. Kalai Arasi, Associate Professor of Computer Science- Education as Member of Ad-Hoc Board of Studies for B.Ed. Programme of Tamil Nadu Teachers Education University.
- As per the direction of our Tamil Nadu State Government, Dr. J. Kausalya, Associate Professor of English -Education, and Dr. N. Kalai Arasi, Associate Professor of Computer Science-Education organized a 28 days Orientation Programme for the newly recruited 100 Assistant Professors in English by the Teachers Recruitment Board of Tamil Nadu to serve as Assistant Professors in Government Arts and Science Colleges, in our College.
- Extension of Autonomous Status to our College by the University Grants Commission up to the academic year 2013-2014.
- Organization of a National Seminar on ‘Perspectives of Holistic Health for Teachers’.
- Construction of the Vyjayanthimala Block.
- Organization of a Three Day State Level Workshop on ‘Advances in Science and Technology’.